Wulkuraka Queensland, Australia
$60000 - $65000 Per Annum Super
Who is 2XM Recruit?
Established in 2010, 2XM Recruit Pty Ltd Australia is part of a global group of companies delivering quality recruitment solutions across four core divisions: Engineering, Rail, Mining and Construction. Successfully placing 1000’s of personnel from Executive, Engineers, Managers, Supervisors Trades People to Labourers we are trusted by Global and National organisations as the go to people for all recruitment and labour hire needs.
About the role
Our client is based at the Wulkuraka Maintenance facility based in Wulkuraka, Ipswich, are urgently seeking applications from experienced Material Handler to join their team. You will be working within the existing team in store safely, assist in the day-to-day operations in all related tasks performed by the Warehouse function. You will provide efficient service support to the Operational teams at all site locations. Duties will include but not limited to, material handling and preparation, tooling control, forklift, and overhead crane assistance. You will always demonstrate a consistent approach to the safety and local material management processes across the operation including the handling of spares, materials, and tools, both physically and in the local ERP systems.
To be suitable for this role you will be experience within either Rail / Aviation, Heavy Industry, or Mining background and have been working in a hands-on capacity.
- Permanent full-time role
- Immediate start
- Supportive team environment
- Forklift License (Compulsory)
- Overhead Gantry Crane and or Dogging License (Preferable)
- Safe Access to Rail (SARC) license (Preferable)
- Safety orientated approach
- Ability to work a 24hr/7 day per week Rotating Shift
- Flexibility for occasional changing of shifts to cover the teams Annual Leave
- Good problem-solving skills/lateral thinking
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Confidence with communicating with cross functional Managers and Team Leaders
- Able to deal with high stress situation
- Ability to get along with people from different backgrounds/personalities
- High attention to detail and ability to stay focused with distractions
- Punctual, honest as well as performance and outcome orientated
Commitment to work shift work (Day/Afternoon shifts). This is mandatory for the role.
Females are encouraged to apply.
This is a great opportunity to join a world class organisation on a world class project.
To apply for this position please hit “Apply Now”
- Maximo and BAAN preferable
- Material Handler / Stores Persons role /Warehouse environment
- Forklift Operator / Loading unloading Trucks and pallet racking
- Tooling & Calibration
- Previous exposure with Procurement principles
- Exposure to Rail and or heavy industrial parts/inventory
- Position requires a level of diplomacy and confidentiality
- MS Office (Word/Excel)