Design Manager MARDesign Manager
Melbourne Victoria, Australia
Melbourne Victoria, Australia
As the rail industry undergoes significant transformation, our client has invested billions of dollars to build, expand and modernize their network to get freight off the road and onto rail.
About the Opportunity
• Be responsible for design plans, schedules, and activities for the program, including the quality management, document control process, design development through various project stages and ‘as completed’ drawings.
• Manage design contracts and design works undertaken by specialist sub-engineering, environmental consultants and delivery contractors.
• Coordinate design requirements with stakeholders as required, and obtain all necessary approvals
• Identify and manage engineering and design matters and escalate where required
• Lead, manage design process to achieve design objectives for all aspects of the project.
To ensure success in this position, applicants will be able to demonstrate:
• Degree in engineering or equivalent from a recognised institution.
• Experience in the management of multi-disciplined design work for major transport infrastructure projects.
• Demonstrated experience of working on complex major rail project
• Knowledge of the principles, practices, operations, services and activities of rail engineering and the integration of overhead wiring, signalling, electrical, civil and structural designs.
• Knowledge of safety legislation, policy, processes and practices for major rail infrastructure projects.
• Knowledge of the Victorian Trains network, with an understanding of the requirements of working in brown field urban sites in live rail corridors.
• High level of engineering design review, verification and technical skills, keeping abreast of current developments and trends in engineering.
• High level conceptual and analytical skills, with an ability to analyse complex issues.
• Ability to manage competing priorities in a challenging and dynamic work environment.
• High level interpersonal and written and oral communication skills, with an ability to negotiate and influence outcomes.
What we offer
You will have access to a variety of benefits working with us, including but not limited to:
• Work on leading major projects as part of a long-term program of work
• Competitive remuneration
• Flexible working options available
• 24/7 Employee Assistance Program for all employees and their direct family members
• Numerous financial, lifestyle, health and wellbeing benefits Including salary sacrifice option of novated leasing, discounts and support programs
Our Organisation and Culture
We foster an inclusive, values led culture and embrace diversity in all forms. Together, our people build a respectful, fair, and flexible workplace and we thrive on creating an environment where your hard work and achievements are recognised.
We have an uncompromising commitment to your physical and mental health and safety. We want you to be with us for the long-term, so providing you with ongoing development opportunities is important to us.
We rely on the diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented employees regardless of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, or cultural background.
If you think this role is right for you , please get in contact at: Megan.firstname.lastname@example.org / 0423 544 554